A photo session takes time, but times flies when you’re having fun! You want to get the most out of your session, so here are some great tips for preparing for the big day:
- Be on time for your scheduled session. Not only is it common courtesy, but you want to get your money’s worth. If you are late, the photographer may have other clients immediately after your session, and will be obligated to end your session as scheduled in order to be adequately prepared for the next session.
- Give proper notice if you cannot arrive on time, or need to reschedule. Social etiquette suggests giving notice 24 hours in advance is considered adequate time to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
- Prepare your session wardrobe days ahead of time. You do not want to be rushed to pick your clothes on the day of the session. Take time to think how you want your photos to be perceived by others. Consider your session props (e.g. Christmas props = Christmas colors), and dress accordingly.
- Avoid large and/or bold patterns. Instead, choose solid colors, as they most often work the best.
- If you are bringing children to a session, plan a day ahead. Make sure they have had plenty of rest. If you do not eat prior to coming to a session, you may want to bring snacks (nothing messy). Also, be sure they have used the restroom within an hour of your session. Ensure that their clothes are comfortable to them. It is difficult sometimes to smile and look happy if your clothes are bothering you. Small children should be dressed immediately prior to the session, so as to preserve the clothes.
- Have fun making memories!